HairDesignerTV 5-Star Salon™ Program
“Of all the things I’ve done, the most vital is coordinating those who work with me and aiming their efforts at a certain goal.” -Walt Disney
The 5-Star Salon Program is designed to increase creativity, technical skills and business knowledge, providing solutions for the continued growth of your company. Every salon culture learns and leads differently. When it comes to education, one size does not fit all. Our programs are focused, customized and guaranteed to produce better business results.
Educational Video On Demand
Unlimited 24/7 access to HDTV Classic video tutorials in cut, color and dress work that will enable you to achieve technical mastery.
Online Courses that roll out over the full year to provide ongoing training to your entire team.
Monday Morning Feedback
The difference that makes the difference is the bridge between virtual and live training. Individual feedback and guidance from our team to support your team.
Live Hands-On Training
Our higher end packages include training with Vivienne Mackinder and the HDTV Art Team in small class settings.
“We have seen tremendous success and buy-in from our Advanced Education Team, Salon Technical Staff and Institute Educators who have been exposed to the 5-Star Salon program curriculum and experienced what Vivienne has to offer. We are proud to say that our team members who are exposed to this curriculum and feedback from Vivienne and her team are really developing an “eye” for hairdressing! They have taken their consultations to the next level, seeing the guest as an individual, seeing shape, thinking about placement, enhancing the guest’s best features and truly customizing an experience. Mastering these types of behaviors as a Stylist is what will set them apart within this industry and create a real point of difference with their level of customer service, technical confidence and competence as a service provider.Charnie Hemmerly, Executive Director of Education, Douglas J Aveda
How do you know if this program is right for you?
• Are you happy with your current in-salon training results?
• Are your new hires a liability or an asset?
• Do you have a way to measure the effectiveness of your in-salon training program?
• Does your current training program produce consistent results?
• All Elite clients are entitled to online courses plus, 10% off workshops and on-line store purchases at Hairdesignertv.
* Train the trainer is for your salon's top stylist or head of education- one person to attend the five day training (with Vivienne Mackinder in HDTV Studio, Northampton, NY. Travel and lodging are not included.
Packages are customized to address the challenges of individual salons. Please call our business office to discuss your salon's needs. (866) 484-8622
HDTV Classic Includes:
- Unlimited 24/7 access to over 100 video tutorials in cut, color and dress work that will enable you to achieve technical mastery.
- There will also be a step-by-step printout. These are great for review, since you can skim them quickly to find the point you want.
- In motivation, you’ll find great guest interviews with celebrity hairstylists and business experts for you, so you can get a really well-rounded view of success in the beauty industry.
- You’ll have access to the industry icons in the I’m Not Just A Hairdresser film series, as well as virtual hair shows and behind the scenes mini documentaries in inspiration.
- Unlimited 24/7 access to VivTV past episodes. A 1 hour hair variety show that features technical instruction, guest interviews, inspiration and motivational segments, and entertainment.
Full Access To Online Courses:
Your entire staff will participate in structured courses that are designed for maximum impact by holding the hand of students and stylists and guiding every step of the training.
- The 16 Week Editorial Styling Course I & II
- Pump Up The Volume color consultation
- Razor cutting courses
- Bread & Butter cut & color courses for working professionals