|“It's time to quit being a member of a culture of complaint, and become a partner in a culture of nice,” declares Winn Claybaugh, the author of a new book on the importance of being nice, Be Nice (Or Else!): And What's In It For You.
“Live life daily as if all people – even strangers – really matter. Everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and respect, and all we have to do is treat others nicely,” says Winn. He should know the value of being nice to others, having trained and worked with thousands of employees and consumers as the founder and co-owner of the salon business and beauty academy, The Paul Mitchell The School. “Being nice is everyone's responsibility,” he adds.
* Winn tells us why we need to be nice and shows us how to implement a BE NICE culture in the home, the workplace, and in our community.
* He has tips and advice on how to be nice to everyone, including co-workers, family members, strangers, service people, the elderly, and even people who aren't nice to you. In fact, he wants to lead a BE NICE revolution.
* Winn shows us how to be nice in rush-hour traffic and to manage road rage.
Be Nice (Or Else!) identifies the factors that keep people from being nice – and how to overcome them. It also offers insight and direction on how to:
* Defuse people and handle someone who is mean to you
* Create and expand your circle of nice
* Tell if someone else is genuinely nice – a 3-point test
* Become aware of the 13 things that can keep you from being nice
* Be nice even while being written up for a speeding ticket
Winn is a nationwide motivational speaker and a member of the North American Hairdressing Awards' Hall of Leaders. He shows you how to be nice to yourself and boost your self-esteem so that you are in a better position to be nice to others. “Quite simply, you can't give what you don't have,” says Winn. “By being nicer to yourself, you will awaken how to be nice to everyone.”
$23.95 (€ 15.28)